The Wolf of Wall Street. Perhaps the greatest thing that has happened from the collaborations of Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese. This movie is packed with motivation, even if our protagonist is somewhat of an anti-hero. IMDb»
If you didn't know, this film is based on on Jordan Belfort's memoirs by the same name. He served 22 months in prison for his fraud crimes related to the stock market.
Even though he may not have been a saint, we can't get enough of the motivation his quotes radiates. Here are our top 10!
10. "Money is the oxygen of capitalism and I wanna breathe more than any man alive."
9. "I believe in total immersion, if you want to be rich, you have to program your mind to be rich. You have to unlearn all the thoughts that were making you poor and replace them with new thoughts – rich thoughts."
8. "If money isn’t everything, work at McDonalds."
7. "The easiest way to make money is – create something of such value that everybody wants and go out and give and create value, the money comes automatically."
6. "Act as if! Act as if you’re a wealthy man, rich already, and then you’ll surely become rich. Act as if you have unmatched confidence and then people will surely have confidence in you."
5. "When you live your life by poor standards, you inflict damage on everyone who crosses your path, especially those you love."
4. "Successful people are 100% convinced that they are masters of their own destiny, they’re not creatures of circumstance, they create circumstance, if the circumstances around them suck they change them."
3. "There’s no nobility in poverty."
2. "I want you to back yourself into a corner. Give yourself no choice but to succeed. Let the consequences of failure become so dire and so unthinkable that you’ll have no choice but to do whatever it takes to succeed."
1. "The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it."
What did you think of this list? Feel like we missed something? Leave a comment below!
Share this post